Thursday, April 15, 2010

Disco Ball

I went to do karaoke for my friend's 20th birthday the other week, and used it as an excuse to bust out the cosmetic glitter I won as part of Nea's contest. I was going for a disco ball lid with a black smokey crease, and I feel like I hit the nail on the head. Pity the eyeliner on the top lashline makes me look half drunk and dopey :P


Products: 
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean - on lid as base + to tightline
  • 88 Matte/Original palette 
    • Black - lid, lower lashline, crease 
    • Skintone - highlight 
  • Silk Naturals Mixing Medium - dabbed and smoothed all over lid 
  • Random cosmetic glitter - dabbed on top of mixing medium 
  • Silk Naturals Sonic - inner corner 
  • L'oreal Lineur Intense felt tip liquid liner 
  • BYS black kohl liner - lower lashline
  • Avon Supershock mascara - top lashes 
  • Mirenesse 24Hour Secret Weapon mascara - bottom lashes
I was really worried about how the mixing medium and glitter would hold up, but I'm happy to report that it lasted all night without creasing or flaking (beyond the typical fallout that you'd expect with glitter)! I got a lot of compliments on the glitter from my friends, and they asked me what makeup I was wearing - which was kinda awkward, I was like 'uhhh well I dont know where the glitter came from and the black is like cheap Chinese makeup?' LOL


So dopey photos and awkwardness aside, karaoke was AWESOME. I thought I'd have to get mad drunk to have the confidence to get up and do it, but we all just took and piss and sung in man voices and didn't take it seriously :D it helps that we had a private room too, opposed to doing it in front of all the other people who could legitimately sing.

We were so delightfully embarrassing, we sung along to the likes of Steps, Britney, Backstreet Boys, Sean Paul, Beyonce, and Rick Astley ^_^ We made the lone guy there do the Sean Paul stuff, it was incredibly lulzy and he did shoutouts to us LOL. I'm now thinking about doing karaoke for my birthday in July, though maybe at a different venue. And with lots of alcohol, to make it even more entertaining.