Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mermaid Prostitute

I was a bit back and forth with this look. I hated it when I initially did it, but then when I applied mascara and liner I felt it looked a bit better. But then I went back to hating it ;D I was going to do a turquoise and gold look but didnt want to be too boring and just have the turquoise on the lower lashline, so I opted to use it in the crease instead. Big mistake. I think it looks okay in photos, but was weird looking irl.


Products:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
  • Urban Decay Half Baked - lid 
  • Silk Naturals Papyrus - patted on top of Half Baked 
  • Urban Decay Flipside - crease + lower lashline 
  • Silk Naturals Sonic - inner corner + inner crease
  • 88 Shimmer Palette
    • Teal - crease + lower lashline 
    • Black - the tiniest bit in the crease
  • Spell Cosmetics Mocha Lite - highlight 
  • BYS black kohl liner to tightline + lower lashline 
  • Avon Supershock mascara - top lashes
  • Mirenesse Secret Weapon 24Hour mascara - bottom lashes 
One of my eyes looks less intense and a fair bit greener than the other, no clue why this was. I wouldn't have stepped out of the house if it was that noticeable irl, so I'm going to blame it on my camera like always :) 

    I initially had Half Baked on the lid, but it looked a little too strong and coppery, so I attempted to tone it down with Silk Naturals Papyrus. Still didn't quite work. I think I might try this look again and keep the crease colour down lower, and also try a different shade of gold - either something like Ben Nye Iced Gold or a verrrrrry pale almost white gold. I'm also going to get around to doing the typical turquoise lower lashline and gold lid like I originally intended to.