Friday, December 10, 2010

The Companions

Here's a few looks that I need to get out of my drafts folder and onto ze blog!

This was loosely based on a gorgeous makeup look xsparkage posted on her blog, but it's nowhere near as good as hers. The liquid liner ended up looking like poo on the lower lashline, and nothing I put over the top of it helped. Sugarpill Poison Plum also decided to be a bigger bitch than usual and refused to blend. I think I spent almost an hour trying to blend that shit how I wanted, and it made me so late I couldn't take full face shots. :( I still like the look though. I may try to redo it and get full face shots, as well as do a version closer to what Leesha did.


Products:
  • NYX Yellow Jumbo Pencil - as a base on the lid 
  • Milani Infinite Liner in Endless - as a base on the lower lashline 
  • Concrete Minerals Juvenile - inner 1/2 of lid 
  • Shiro Cosmetics Weepinbell - layered over top of Juvenile 
  • Shiro Cosmetics Acid - outer 1/2 of lid 
  • Shiro Cosmetics Rattata - mixed in the crease + lower lashline
  • Sugarpill Poison Plum - mixed in the crease
  • Shiro Cosmetics Spiritomb - lower lashline


I wore this look aaaaaaages ago to do a focus group at a fancy hotel. I've been meaning to try a turquoise lid & bronze crease for god knows how long, but this wasn't quite what I intended. I had bronze in the lower crease and gold in the upper crease, but it all kind of mixed together and got muddy. I love this look though for making me rediscover my love for Urban Decay Flipside! I used to hate it on its own because it's somewhat sheer, but it's bloody gorgeous and smooth over a blue base. <3


  • NYX Electric Blue Eyeliner  - as a base on the lid + inner lower lashline 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Bourbon - outer lower lashline as a base
  • Urban Decay Flipside - lid + inner lower lashline 
  • Urban Decay Twice Baked - lower crease + outer lower lashline 
  • Urban Decay Half Baked - upper crease + inner corner highlight
  • Urban Decay Baked - tiny bit mixed in the upper crease


This is another look where I tried to do different colours in the upper and lower crease and it didn't quite work. I don't know if it's the placement or how I tried to blend it, but it just looked.....odd. I mostly disliked it because it highlighted the asymmetry of my eyes. Normally you can't notice much irl, but because I took the colour so high up you could really notice the difference in space under each brow. I looooved the gold though :3

 
  • 24k gel liner - on the lid and inner lower lashline as a base 
  • NYX Moss Eyeliner - middle lower lashline as a base 
  • NYX Electric Blue Eyeliner - outer lower lashline as a base 
  • Urban Decay Half Baked - lid + inner lower lashline 
  • Shiro Cosmetics Squirtle - lower crease + outer lower lashline
  • Shiro Cosmetics Acid - upper crease + middle lower lashline


This came as a result of experimenting with Aromaleigh Elemental Lustre in Blast. It has the weirdest gunmetal & green duochrome (multichrome? idk), and I wanted to see how it translated on the eye. I don't hate it, but I think it would've been cooler with a gold on the lid and a green base on the lower lashline to really bring out that green tinge.


  • Revlon Sunsparks Cream Shadow Quad - light shimmery yellow shade on the lid as a base
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean - lower lashline as a base 
  • Aromaleigh Italian Ice (Hot In The City 2009) - lid 
  • Aromaleigh Elemental Lustre in Blast - crease + lower lashline 
  • MAC Gorgeous Gold - inner corner highlight

Aaaaaaaand that's it. :)