Saturday, June 11, 2011

Failed Femputer Recreation

I said in my overview of the blogger meetup that my next post would be a glimpse at the goodies I got, but unfortunately life got in the way of that. I had a final exam this morning (8.30am on a Saturday, how cruel!), so I've been holed up in my room studying for that. I'll be out all day tomorrow nerding it up at Anime Club and catching up with one of my bffs, but I'll try my best to get that ish swatched and photographed on Monday.

I wanted to leave you with something pretty to stare at the meantime, so here's a look that's been sitting in my drafts folder for a while. This was a recreation of a teal look by Femputer, but didn't turn out quite as I'd envisioned. I'd hoped that Detox would be sparklier on the lid, and didn't realise that it would look so similar in shade to Aqua Nightmare when applied. I'll have to see if I have an icier mint or teal in my collection and redo this sometime. I do like it as a teal look though, despite not being what I envisioned :)


Products:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion 
  • NYX Teal Eyeliner - on the lid + lower lashline + lower waterline as a base 
  • Concrete Minerals Detox - lid + lower lashline 
  • Aromaleigh Aqua Nightmare (Gothic Lolita) - crease + lower waterline 
  • Sugarpill Bulletproof - to tightline 
  • Max Factor Masterpiece Beyond Length mascara 
  • Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous mascara 

Cheeks are MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose, and lips were a tiny bit of Revlon Luxurious Living Lipstick in Orchid Beach (almost neon pink) with clear gloss on top. I'm sure there was NYX Dolly Pink lipliner in there too, but it was mostly wiped/blotted off. Remind me to swatch Orchid Beach one of these days, because it's honestly the most insane bright pink ever - especially for a drugstore offering!


Not sure why I look so pale, I did this look in the middle of Summer :|