Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yet Another Work Week Look Dump...

(I really gotta come up with a catchy name for these....)

I think I can officially say that I'm settled into my new job! I finally know how to do stuff without having to harass my boss every two seconds, and I've started to make friends in the office. I'm constantly asking for more work, and then taking initiative and getting ahead where I can. I had my one month probation review this week, and it went swimmingly. It was basically my boss and I sitting down, and him being like "this is working, yay!" and then clarifying that I'm definitely better than the last guy they hired (whose job I was offered after he was unceremoniously fired).

Blah blah blah here's what I wore to work this week.

Supp 8000 rogue hairs :|

Monday: I decided on an olive eye look for Monday, using MAC Sumptuous Olive swept widely in the crease and over a layer of NYX Slide On Pencil in Golden Olive on the lid. I applied the same eyeliner on the lower lashline as a base and popped MAC Club over the top. I also deepened the crease with MAC Club, but it went more brown than the green I'd hoped for.

I can't tell you what blush I used yet as it's still a secret, but I used a little of Benefit Gilded Pencil as a highlighter (not that it shows up in these photos), with Benefit Hoola to contour. On the lips I wore MAC Shy Girl and went in with a nude coral gloss later.


Tuesday: I took a little more risk on Tuesday as I was working unsupervised, so I did an eye look using MAC Lucky Green and MAC Club with the same NYX Slide on Pencil in Golden Olive as a base. On the lips I wore a teensy bit of MAC Pink Nouveau Lipstick with a pale blue-toned pink Kiss My Sass gloss over the top. On the cheeks I wore MAC Hang Loose as my blush and highlight, with the contour shade in my NP Set Contour & Highlight Palette to contour.


Wednesday: Bleurgh I'm super shiny here as I applied Model in a Bottle before taking photos =/ I'll be leaving that step until after I take photos in the future!

I don't remember what I'm wearing on the eyes, but on the lips I wore Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Belladonna over NYX Hot Pink Lipliner and a few layers of Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in #2 Pink. It's showing up really bright and neon here, but it's a little deeper and more berry-toned in real life. On the cheeks I wore the NP Set contour, MAC Dollymix Blush, and Benefit High Beam to highlight.


Thursday: I had my probation review on Thursday, so I played it super safe with the lipstick I bought for my first day at work: MAC I Love Winter. When used with the Boldly Bare Lip Liner and Deelight Cremesheen Glass from the Sultry Iced Delights Lip Bag, you're left with this weird work appropriate old lady reddish brown lip. But when worn on its own, or over Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in #2 Pink as I've done here, I Love Winter can be a really cute fresh pink lip!

I can't remember what I used on the eyes, but on the cheeks I wore the NP Set contour, Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in #2 Rose, and Benefit High Beam to highlight.


Friday: I randomly woke up on Friday with the desire to do a rusty red eye! :) I swept NYX Rust Eyeshadow widely in the crease, and applied Tarte "V" from the Tarte for True Blood Palette on the lid and lower lashline over a layer of NYX Jumbo Pencil in Rust. Can't for the life of me remember what was on the lips, but on the cheeks I just wore MAC Darkly My Dear Blush with Benefit High Beam to highlight again.

---

In other news, I fell off the Project 10 Pan wagon for a bit after the stuff with my family, so I'll have a few hauls to post when they arrive in the next week or so. I've also been going a little skincare and primer crazy lately, so I'll have a haul post coming soon featuring my lovely new Clarisonic Mia and a plethora of primers :3  I was also sent some bits and pieces from 2 new indie mineral makeup companies, so I'll be posting preliminary swatches for those too.