Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mad Dash

Oops, I meant to post something beauty related before I went down to Melbourne for Oz Comic Con, but in the last minute rush it totally slipped my mind! Please accept these three makeup looks as a token of my apology :)

This makeup look was inspired by this post from Diana of Morgaine's Realm. I loved the pairing of the matte turquoisey-seafoam colour on the lid with neutrals in the crease, and a grey liner. I don't have a grey liner, and the only similar colour I own has a noticeable shimmer (no Heartbreaker palette for meeeee D:), so I said 'fuck it' went for a bright blue and red-toned brown liner instead.

Was listening to an audiobook as I got ready :P 

Products: 

  • MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot 
  • NYX Electric Blue Eyeliner - as a base on the lid + inner lower lashline 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Bourbon - as a base on the lower lashline 
  • Random bright shimmery Isadora blue - lid + inner lower lashline 
  • MAC Mulch - crease + outer lower lashline
  • Sugarpill Lumi - inner corner highlight
  • Truffle Gel Liner - upper lashline 
  • Sugarpull Bulletproof - to tightline
  • Australis Voluptulash Mascara 
Cheeks: 
  • NP Set Contour Palette - contour 
  • MAC Pink Cult Blush 
  • NP Set Contour Palette - shimmery pink shade to highlight 
Lips: 
  • MAC Viva Glam Gaga I Lipstick 
  • MAC I Love Winter Lipstick - layered on top of Gaga 


This was a look I did to test out one of the Revlon Lip Butters that I acquired on a recent trip to Melbourne. I won't bother going into detail about the Lip Butters as everyone and their mum has done a review, but I like 'em. Nice formula and I'd purchase more, but incredibly overhyped. My crease photographed way lighter in this photo than it looked in real life, so now you have an idea of how strange my eyes look when I don't have a crease colour :P 

Totes overdid it on the blush that day :P 

Products: 

  • MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot 
  • MAC Bare Study Paint Pot - as a base on the lid 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Bourbon - as a base on the lower lashline 
  • NP Set Glam Set Palette 
    • Shimmery beige - lid + inner corner 
  • NP Red Carpet Set Palette 
    • Peachy brown - crease + lower lashline 
  • Truffle Gel Liner - upper lashline + lower waterline 
  • Sugarpill Bulletproof - to tightline 
  • Australis Voluptulash Mascara 
Cheeks: 
  • NP Set Contour Palette - contour 
  • MAC Dollymix Blush 
  • Benefit High Beam - highlighter
Lips: 
  • NYX Hot Pink Lipliner 
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart 


This was another look inspired by a fellow blogger, this time by KelleyRie's Wellow post. I never wear yellow, and her look inspired me to bust out Sugarpill Buttercupcake and make it ~sort of work safe. I have trouble with Buttercupcake looking a bit powdery and ageing my eyelids, so I layered it over a gold base. It didn't transform the matte Buttercupcake into a shimmer, but made it apply and look smoother on the lid. 


Products: 
  • MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot 
  • 24k Gel Liner - as a base on the lid + inner corner 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Bourbon - as a base on the lower lashline
  • Sugarpill Buttercupcake - lid + inner corner 
  • MAC Woodwinked - crease + lower lashline
  • MAC Gorgeous Gold - inner corner highlight
  • Sugarpill Bulletproof - to tightline
  • Australis Voluptulash Mascara 
Cheeks: 
  • NP Set Contour Palette - contour 
  • Illamasqua Powder Blush in Nymph 
  • MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl 
Lips: 
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake 
  • Sportsgirl Give Some Lip Liquid Lip Colour in Dress Up 


---

So what'd I miss? :D *stalks all your blogs*